Thursday 19 January 2012

My imaginary friend has sent out so many friends requests now that her pending friends requests limit has been reached. I have not been keeping track of how many this is (I wish I had!) but reckon its a 1:3 ratio approximately, so she has sent at least 150 requests. And she is posting status updates, status updates that I myself would, perhaps, post (with the odd detail changed)  if I did actually share that much innane information on my `real' account. Why the inverted comma on 'real'? because I am not sure that any online identities are or can be real. Social networks are about selecting (or inventing) information in bits and presenting it to the group of people on a friends list (and maybe their friends, or maybe everyone). Can there ever be any truth?

1 comment:

  1. I have enabled anonymous comments so anyone can comment here if they feel the desire to do so.

    ReplyDelete